- If it has snapped off altogether retrieve it.
- If it is hanging off try to wedge it back on
- With both of the above transfer all the weight to the balls of your foot instantly.
- Walk on tip toes, find a seat or lean in a stylish way against the wall.
- If you are required to stand still place all your weight on the foot with the heel intact, but don't stand still for too long.
- Do not draw attention to a broken heel, you will be inviting ridicule.
- Retire to replace shoes at the soonest convenience.
- Call the taxi home!
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
When a Heel Breaks
All heels have steel rods inside the flesh of the heel so they shouldn't break, and if they do you are walking at a very strange angle. But if this happens while you are out, improvise.
Happy Shopping Fellow Shopahollics!