Sunday, 18 August 2013
Natural Beauty Fixes: Nails
There is an endless amount of natural beauty fixes that we can do from our very own home. Google its self offers 1000s of answers to our question 'DIY at home natural beauty fixes'
Here is just a few points that I found to be most helpful, easy and quick!
1. When applying nail polish dry them quickly by dipping them straight into ice cold water, or spray with cooking oil.
2. To strengthen, soak nails in olive oil for 15 minutes to an hour. You will be surprised at how much this helps.
3. Rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into your cuticle and the skin surrounding your nail whenever they feel dry.
4. Olive oil works to moisturise your nails and keep them strong.
5. Wear rubber gloves whenever you do housework or wash dishes to protect your digits from dirt and harsh cleaners.
6. For extra hand softness, apply hand cream before you put on the rubber gloves.
7. When pushing back your cuticles come in at a 45-degree angle and be very gentle.
8. Trim your toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails.
9. Leaving nails damp increases your risk of fungal infection.
10. Avoid polish removers with acetone or formaldehyde as they are very drying to nails.
Happy Shopping Fellow Shopaholics!